Thursday, February 2, 2012

Wishin...and Hopin...and Okay, Beggin

Pals,
I'm pretty much on my knees right here, right now. Scraping the laminate as I type.
In 2011, our local free rag, The Monterey County Weekly, added a new category to their annual
"Best Of" contest...and that would be Best Blog!  Last year's winner was none other than
Mark C. Anderson who is a top editor and blogger at The Weekly!  He writes a weekly food blog called Edible.  I've met Mark and although he's a creative writer, in all humbleness and adding a blue-eyed wink,
he doesn't hold a candle to me in the personality department! He also has zero knowledge about trailer parks.
Also, I thought it strange or semi-unfair that he won.  HELLO! Conflict of Interest! I mean it would be like a screenplay winning 1st place and the writer being the contest's executive director or board member or a department store hosting a drawing and miraculously the name drawn for the brand new Corvette is the owner of that very department store...Regardless, I didn't complain.  Hell, Mark knows food and he has a following of local hungry peeps. More power to him.  But, I was thinking this year, maybe I could win this small, local,coveted acknowledgement and maybe, just maybe, I have a following that could help me do so.
Now here's how it works and there are some sticky rules you must follow; one of which includes pushing the envelope between soft embellishing and lying. Well, you have to know places, businesses, etc in Monterey County a bit or be a detective.
www.mcweekly.com/bestof2012

RULES:
               1. YOU MUST CREATE AN ACCOUNT TO VOTE. (PLEEZE! IT'S NOT HARD AUNT DOLLY! IT'S EASY AND TAKES ONLY SECONDS Y'ALL!)
               2.VOTE ONLY ONCE
               3.YOU HAVE TO VOTE IN AT LEAST 25 CATEGORIES (NOT JUST BEST BLOG)     THAT'S 25 MINIMUM.  (IT KEEPS COUNT FOR U IN BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER)
               4.YOU MUST WRITE IN MY BLOG SITE WHEN GET TO BEST BLOG CATEGORY.
               http://trailerparkgirl-vfern.blogspot.com/
               5. YOU MUST CLICK DONE ON LAST PAGE WHEN YOU ARE DONE.
Okay, seems too complicated? Come on babies! Do it for the team! Team Trailer Park Girl!  The only peeps that will find it hard are those who don't live in Monterey County.  So take time to look up a handful of places on line..talk to someone who DOES live in Monterey County (moi at your service) or think back to when you visited.
(All of the above was typed in a whining, begging voice btw)
So do it today!Actually you have until February 15.
Oh, and thank you mucho!  I'll remember you all in my will and in the credits and acknowledgments of my future-world-famous-soon-to-be-published-hold-onto-your-hats-it'll-be-the-bomb book.

Again, go to www.mcweekly.com/bestof2012

Best Blog type in  http://trailerparkgirl-vfern.blogspot.com/
Yours, Truly,
~tpg
Oh! Type in Cha-ya for Best Gift Store..now you have 2 and ya just need 23 more!

No comments:

Post a Comment