Friday, November 12, 2010

2 Hoes in the Carport

5:35 a.m.
So, it's fucking dark outside and my partner is up with 3 tools that I have absolutely no idea their names or functions. She is attempting to fix our kitchen faucet which went from full force to .006 pressure last night over a dinner of veggie burgers and cheese. To her right is a "Home Improvement" manual open to the "Do-It-Yourself-Plumber" page and to her left are all these "mystery" tools. I stumble out with gooey-caked eyes and one sole purpose in mind: MOVING HER OUT OF MY WAY TO MAKE COFFEE! (Which I can't do there, she cautiously reminds me, as there is no water pressure in the kitchen!) GRRRRR!!

In speaking with a close friend and fellow writer yesterday, I was reminded that my blog, or any blog for that matter, needs to be consistently written and sent out into the universe on a regular, perhaps daily basis or how in the hell will I build a following? Oh! Is that my purpose for taking on the identity of "Babbling Brook" or "Rambling Rose of the Internet!?!" That's as good a reason as any I suppose.
It wouldn't have been so strenuous to face the no water in the kitchen at a god awful hour had I not been up until some god awful time last night... I must have been in and out of sleep because at one point I was informed I yelled out, "What are we going to do about retirement money?" It was completely random and I guess the sound of my own voice woke me up and filled me with worry. "This thought is long over-due since you are a 52 year old woman now!" I heard my mother's voice speaking to me. So, what did I do? Well...what I always do when I'm in a panic about no water pressure in the kitchen or the statue we bought that is too heavy for me to lift alone or Space 17 wanting a phone call back regarding the video surveillance camera put up by his next door neighbor: I WOKE MY PARTNER UP TO HAVE HER MAKE IT BETTER!!! SHE in fact is the Queen of Logic, the Rock of All Boulders! SHE, and ONLY SHE, will ease my retirement worries...
"Go back to sleep, babe. It's all ok. We've never worried about this so why should we start now?" Her voice is always so serene...so reassuring! Yet, I know she's thinking "WTF? It's 2:00 a.m."

Ah. The life of an insomniac! Sidonie Gabrielle once wrote, "In its early stages, insomnia is almost an oasis in which those who have to think or suffer darkly take refuge.” I wonder what stage I'm in?

The other day I was "walking the park" taking note of the surplus of kitsch that surrounds me when I couldn't help but notice the new puchase at space 33: A life-size reproduction of a Dauschend; authentic in color, poking it's head of a Shasta Daisy Shrub! At first siting, I was prepared to write 'em up for 2 park violations: No Pet Agreement on file and Dogs Unleashed and Unattended! Of course, I must admit the fake dog fits in perfectly in space 33's yard which includes about a dozen gnomes, heart-shaped birdhouses made of the finest plastics, and 3 USA flags; one so large you could use it for a picnic blanket!
Unsure if you are aware of this fact, but in trailer parks there are no garages, only carports. We actually bartered to have ours included in the sale price when buying out "unit." Last weekend, we were doing some gardening; I in the side yard and my partner in our Zen Garden (aka Meditation and Cocktail Area) I yelled over the fence, "Honey do we have a hoe in the carport?" This voice sounded back, "Only if you are in there, honey!" She's a kick, isn't she?
7:45 a.m.
David arrives from Classic Drains to access and repair the kitchen faucet.
8:02 a.m.
David gives me a bill of $97.45 after finding a clogged aerator in the tiny piece at the opening of the faucet. He "included the 5% Senior Discount in the price" though he made a point of clarifying that "he knew I wasn't a senior."
Cheers!
-tpg

No comments:

Post a Comment