Monday, November 22, 2010

A Dream in my Heart

There's something almost seductive about coddling a mug of "brown stuff" when you are up at the crack-o-dawn. As if in prayer; a full-on Hail Mary, I speak directly to the Goddess of the Peaberry, whose effects I thirst for like no other!
The myth of the Blue Moon originated sometime around 1946 and people jumped on it like mosquitoes on a bug-zapper. Overnight, you could hear everyone in every town across this great land of ours saying, "Oh! That only happens once in a blue moon." Songs were written and hearts were broken and Blue Moon became a household word...
Blue Moon
You saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

The thing is, last night's blue moon was no more blue than I am straight. It was a vanilla pudding white. And this whole myth, lie, dramatization causes me to wonder what else do we as humans take and run with? Of course,
you and I know that it is totally plausible for someone to turn water into wine, right? We especially know this after several glasses of wine. But is it really believable that a snake could actually speak to a woman or that a man could walk on water? And what about this John of God from Brazil now the subject of a full-length documentary, several books, DVD's, and Miracle Vendor of crystal beds which you can purchase for your home using your credit card or Paypal! Fucking Oprah even sent "her team" there to be healed! Check out the link I have attached below. This guy is a solid miracle! Or myth! Or lie! I have come to believe and accept folks that it is all in the eye of the beholder. Erich Heller once said, "Be careful how you interpret the world: It is like that." And if we were open to the idea that we don't really see things as they are, but as we are, then perhaps our self-righteous arrogance would begin melting away.
Perspective... Mine. Yours. A Nation's. A World's.
Last week, I was walking my dog in a park in a nearby town where you don't wear blue or red unless you want to get shot at, and a woman came out of her adobe-clad house with 3 doglets, only one of which was on a leash. Instantly, one of the dogs bolted at my dog and was aggressivley barking and growling. I scooped my dog up and asked the woman to please put her dog on a leash as it was obvious my dog was freaked out...She said, "This is a dog park, lady! Don't bring your dog here if you don't expect to run into other dogs." Mustering all my patience and digging deep for a logical perspective, I asked her politely to just take them to the other end of the grass so I could depart. She puffed her chest out at me and told me to "Fuck off!" She reminded me in her macha voice that I didn't know who I was dealing with...
(Obviously, she didn't know she was dealing with trailer park girl.) "Look, my thinking is, yes, this is a dog park but all dogs are required to be leashes. It's an ordinance and created to ensure safety." (My persepctive.) "Don't tell me what to do! Take your fucking dog somewhere else, bitch!" (Her perspective.)
So I did. (My intelligence.)

love, peace, and an objective perspective to each of you!
-tpg

http://www.johnofgod.com/

2 comments:

  1. That's not only your intelligence (she was probably packing more than dogs), but also your sense of peace...perhaps (doubtful, but you never know), she won't carry that bitter attitude to someone else.
    You were right, not her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marsha for commenting!!! Equally, thanks for not mentioning the empty glasses case/fake cell phone!!! Shhhh!

    ReplyDelete